Tuesday, July 14, 2009

wiji lacsamana

This is where graphic designer and illustrator Wiji Lacsamana creates her magic!

Wiji Lacsamana

Website: http://wiji.tumblr.com

Occupation: Freelance graphic designer/illustrator, new restauranteur

Favorite toy as a child: Winter Poopoo, my stuffed polar bear.

Favorite toy now: It's a tie between a talking Squirt (that little turtle from Finding Nemo) doll that talks, i.e., "I'm happy, are you?", "First I was like woah, then I was like wooooah, then I was like woaaah!" and a talking Napoleon Dynamite doll I bought at the ukay as well. He enumerates his skills such as nanchuck skills.

Turn-ons: Humor, Spontaneity, Food, Awesome conversations, Beluga Whales!

Turn-offs: Authority (and/or authoritative figures), nagging, people who just settle, I suppose.

Top 5 movies: Dazed and Confused, Little Miss Sunshine

Top 3 books: 'The Shrinking of Treehorn' by Florence Parry Heide, 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J.D. Salinger (a must), and hmmm 'Blankets' by Craig Thompson.

Music you listen to: Minus the Bear, 311, Q-tip, Cynthia Alexander, Corinne Bailey Rae, Erykah Badu, Esthero, Lauryn Hill, Friendly Fires, John Mayer, Katchafire, Phoenix, Daft Punk. Hmmm...

When you’re not busy with work, what do you do in your free time? I skate. And I also try to squeeze in beach trips with friends.

If you were to choose a different job, what would it be? A roxy surfer person. They always look like they're having the time of their lives. Oh and I want to do a movie with Seth Rogen, Michael Cera or Andy Samberg!

If you can have any super power, what would it be? Hmm siguro the ability to be anywhere at any time.

Where do you find inspiration for your creations? Children's storybooks, actual epic experiences of friends, family and me.

Most inspiring statement/moment (heard/said/read)? My friend Rovi Salegumba always says, "Sarapan mo lang." And I couldn't agree more.

7 comments:

  1. Tokidoki curtains, I want :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. naaaliw ako, everything around her and about her is a mix of cute and astig. :) simple lang, pero ang ganda. i love her tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love her lamp... mainly coz the putotoy is the switch!!! super cuuute!!! hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...