Monday, December 13, 2010

leeroy new

I was really lucky enough to catch sculptor Leeroy New preparing for his Opulescence exhibit before he flew off to Singapore! His work is absolutely amazing & definitely progressive... you just can't stop staring at his art pieces. I'm totally lusting after his Sacred Heart wall pieces! Hehe. :) 

Check out the space where artist Leeroy New's creations come alive!  


Leeroy New
(Quezon City, Philippines)

Occupation: Artist/Sculptor/Designer

Website: still in the works courtesy of Dan Matutina, in the meantime visit strycatcher.multiply.com. You can also check out my designs for Delirium at deliriumdesigns.multiply.com 

Favorite toy as a child: I didn't really play with toys but instead I had your typical art materials... and I climbed trees a lot.

Favorite toy now: Clays and Polymers

Turn-ons: Humor, vision, articulate x substance and extra large toes...?

Turn-offs: No humor, no vision, no substance, short toes

What are 5 things that inspire you right now? The latest technologies overlapping with contemporary industrial design, architecture, and fashion. Does that count as one or four?

Top 5 movies: I don't really have a top five, I feel it would be unfair to the other films I like...

Top 3 books: The same concern applies to books...

Music you listen to: It really depends on my current empire state of mind

5 Favorite websites: I don't really surf that much to have a top 5

When you're not busy with work, what do you do in your free time? Bum around, eat a lot of really good food, and drink like there's work tomorrow but you just don't care

If you were to choose a different job, what would it be? If it were really up to me, I'd be a ninja assassin. The Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon X Naruto kind.

If you can have any super power, what would it be? Jumper!

What is the biggest problem of the world right now? The insecure human condition as inhabitants of this infinite universe... and potholes

What do you think is the solution? Threatening alien life forms (as illustrated in Alan Moore's Watchmen)

What's the most important life lesson you've learned so far? Most inspiring statement/moment (heard/said/read): I feel these two questions have more or less the same answers for me... "Everyone has to choose/have their own battle to fight", "Excellence in everything you choose to do", & "With vision comes responsibility"

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love his work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's my kind of sculptor. His works have that Kiukok flair going on, which I like. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang galing naman !! i really like it .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow . his sculptures are really ... expressive .
    i keep on looking back at your pictures hoping that i could touch them.

    he's an amazing artist . thanks for sharing . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but I can't get past the poisonous materials he uses. Surely he can use something more environment-friendly?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...