Sunday, February 14, 2010

audrey carpio

Take a glimpse at the space of writer and editor Audrey Carpio. :)


Audrey Carpio
(Makati, Philippines)

Occupation: Writer and Editor

Favorite toy as a child: I liked my brother's toys more. He had robots.

Favorite toy now: An Olympus EP-1 camera

Turn-ons: Creative types and wordplay

Turn-offs: Closed-mindedness, cat-haters, unadventurous eating, bad grammar and spelling

Top 5 movies: Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Pretty in Pink, The Anniversary Party, The September Issue

Top 3 books: Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, Mating by Norman Rush, London Fields by Martin Amis

Music you listen to: Currently: Florence + The Machine, The XX, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Lady Gaga, Noah and the Whale, Miike Snow, Arcade Fire, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Cat Power, Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Yeasayer, Radiohead, Beirut, Joy Division, Modest Mouse, Stone Roses

When you're not busy with work, what do you do in your free time? I practice yoga, hang out at the Salcedo and Legaspi weekend markets, play online Scrabble, try out new restaurants, karaoke, and take naps

If you were to choose a different job, what would it be? If I wasn't a lifestyle journalist, I would like to be a proper writer. Or a rock star.

If you can have any super power, what would it be? To be able to eat as much as I want and not gain any weight!

Where do you find inspiration for your creations? I try not to say no to new experiences. I listen to other people's stories. I travel and document with my camera.

Most inspiring statement/moment (heard/said/read)? My university professor's emails always ended with: "I thought I had reached port; but I seem to be cast back again into the open sea" (Deleuze and Guattari, after Leibniz)" and it has always stuck with me.

6 comments:

  1. Audrey is so pretty & intelligent...Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love audrey -- so beautiful and intelligent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, She is Smart Journalism...



    Noel-Batam Island-Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rockeoke Godess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know gutsy was into ugly girls. I guess he's getting old.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...